Introduction > About us

About us

 

         

Company profile

 

History

 

Certificates

 

Sponsoring

 

Annual reports

 

Company´s canteen

 

 

The history of metallurgy in Povrly dates back to 1898, when the first ever metallurgical plant in Northern Bohemia, specializing in the manufacture of rolled copper and brass semi-products, was established.

Since that time, copper sheets, strips, bands and slices have ranked among principal semi-products and structural elements in a variety of industrial domains.

The products made at Měď Povrly are used in a wide variety of areas such as, e.g., the production of jewellery and haberdashery, in the production of object d´art, as well as in the manufacture of musical instruments, keys & locks, ammunition, electrical appliances & machines, shower hoses & sanitary conveniences, not to mention other areas of usage such as car manufacture, lighting engineering or civil engineering, the latter being in particular crucial with its increasing requirements in the field of roof sheeting, drainage systems and facade coating.

The company is certified by TÜV NORD under EN ISO 9001 and 14001.